Best Natural Oils For Hair Growth
1. Castor Oil: Castor oil comes from castor beans and is great for hair growth, because it has all the vital qualities such as vitamin E, minerals, and proteins. Castor Oil also contains antioxidants, which support the keratin in hair, making it stronger, smoother, and healthier. If you get this oil, we recommend getting cold-pressed (meaning there was no heat involved during the extraction process) processed 100% pure Virgin Castor oil. It offers other great benefits such as controlling hair loss, fighting scalp infections and dandruff (due to its anti-fungal properties), conditioning and moisturizing the hair, as well as preventing split ends.
2. Jojoba Oil: Before anything else, let's establish how to pronounce this: ho-ho-ba! This oil is extracted from the jojoba plant and is wonderful because its chemical structure resembles the oil that is produced naturally by our scalps (that's called sebum). This means that most likely your scalp will readily accept it without showing any side effects. Jojoba Oil, similarly to Coconut Oil, hydrates the hair deep within, moisturizing and treating the hair follicles from the inside. It also treats dandruff and dry scalp problems, as well as adds shine and softness.
3. Coconut Oil: Coconut oil is pretty much like holy grail of hair oil. It acts as a heat protectant, repairs damaged hair and breakage, helps to prevent hair loss, as well as aids in hair growth. Because of its moisture retaining properties, coconut oil stays inside the hair instead of evaporating, making it one of the most effective hair treatments there is.
Since Coconut Oil is loaded with fatty acids, it penetrates the hair more deeply than regular conditioners, leading to beautiful soft, silky, shiny hair - who doesn't want that?! Note, we recommend to use Organic Coconut Oil whenever possible.
4. Argan Oil: Argan Oil is also known as Moroccan oil, which will do wonders for your hair. Argan Oil is jam packed with beneficial ingredients like vitamin E, ferulic acid, and fatty acids, as well as antioxidants, which fight UV rays, and hair cell damage. Just a few drops of Argan Oil will not only protect your hair from heat, nourish and moisturize it, but will reduce dry and brittle hair, and frizziness, leaving your hair soft and manageable. No wonder they call this oil "liquid gold"! Argan Oil is not as greasy as coconut oil, so it's perfect for more frequent use.
5. Olive Oil: We hear about this one all the time, not only when cooking, but also when it comes to natural beauty products. Olive Oil does indeed have very rich and moisturizing properties that are so good for your hair. It coats the shaft of your hair and acts as a heat protectant, as well as conceals the damaged hair strands, giving a sleeker look. Olive Oil for hair will leave it looking stronger, healthier, and shinier. Thanks, olives!